Young people of Burundi continue to face extremely serious challenges to their safety and futures. Job opportunities are scarce, especially in rural areas, and poverty is high. Therefore, Help a Child Burundi wants to make sure that the social and economic resilience of vulnerable young people and communities is promoted and enhanced. The key activities of Help a Child Burundi in the field of Youth & Work are:
- Establishment and capacity building of youth based self-help groups and Cluster Level Associations.
- Facilitating technical and agricultural vocational training (TVET/AVET) for youth and households.
- Set up links with and arrange access to land, finance and markets.
- Arrange youth capacity building in the area of entrepreneurship.
- Facilitate training on social skills, peacebuilding and SRHR.