Children make up 50% of those affected in humanitarian crises and are disproportionately impacted by conflict and crisis. Throughout 2020 and 2021, COVID-19, conflict, and climate change have been impacting children at an unprecedented scale, putting them at risk and driving displacement, poverty, and violence.
Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action
With children being at the center of its mission, Help a Child strengthens policies, systems and laws, designed to protect children from harm. Within our projects and programs, this is done in many ways.
- Establishment and strengthening of child protection committees and child rights clubs;
- Support of communities to develop child protection (by)laws;
- Making the link between communities, government bodies, and social services involved in child protection;
- Development and implementation of Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support programs for (young) children and their caregivers;
- Facilitation of parenting training and community dialogues to bring adults together around several child protection topics.
Impact report (2021)
Children groups supported
Members of community groups trained about child protection