Help a Child Burundi supports a healthy development of children, young people, their families and communities. Burundi has experienced years of ethical conflicts. This means that social and economic empowerment needs to go hand in hand with conflict resolution. Help a Child’s key activities are:
- Build the capacity of community structures to respond to child protection and child rights issues.
- Establish and facilitate self-help and farmer groups to build the social and economic resilience of households.
- Support Cluster Level Associations to be the voice of the community and mobilize community and external actors.
- Train members of Parent Teacher Associations and children groups on child rights.
- Support schools to develop or update child protection policies.