Project Coordinator & Field Team Leader
Founded in 1968, Help a Child’s mission is to improve the wellbeing of children living in poverty and crisis through supportive communities. Help a Child’s Disaster Response strategy is a holistic approach that covers both physical and psychosocial needs. It focuses on the sectors such as Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection and Education with Multi-Purpose Cash (MPC) as the preferred modality for life saving support. The focus of Help a Child’s Disaster Response strategy is on children and youth, with special attention for girls, disabled and pregnant and lactating mothers. Help a Child is operating in South Sudan since 2008.
As part of the South Sudan Joint Response 4, supported by the Dutch government, Help a Child carries out (child) protection and FSL activities in Wau, Jur River and Aweil North (Bahr El Ghazal region) and various locations in Jonglei State. In Lake States, Help a Child carries out a program on FSL and emergency education. This is done in cooperation with implementing partner Across.
For our office in Wau, Help a Child is recruiting a Project Coordinator & Field Team Leader. He/she:
- will play a key program implementation role in our organization;
- is responsible for leading project teams in planning and executing the project;
- provides support to the Country Program Director;
- oversees the project team and ensures proper budget utilization, monitoring the expenditure
- ensures compliance to the policies and the overall operational quality of the projects
- leads the team in conducting reflection meetings with key stakeholders, ensures transparency, integrity and accountability to the team;
- leads and supports the team in the development of quality reports and adheres to the deadlines
- ensures team engagement and participation in relevant sectors cluster meetings and network;
- leads and encourages the team in drafting concepts and proposals;
- plays a vital role in building field office portfolio;
- ensures regular project monitoring and evaluation; generally MEAL.
- Coordination and management of project/program interventions and engagement with stakeholders.
- To ensure appropriate management and utilization of project/program funds by following right procedures and guidelines.
- To ensure supervision and implementation of MEAL and reporting.
- To promote a conducive and protective environment for the team to engage and deliver the program effectively.
- Minimum of ‘License’ Degree in psychology, social sciences, development studies, education, gender and/ or women’s studies or other related field or management and coordination working experience.
- Master’s degree will be an added value in the above mentioned areas.
- Good knowledge of he 9 core humanitarian standards, including Do No Harm principles.
- Proven experience in concept and proposal development.
- Experience with innovation.
- Strong experience and good skills in community mobilization and engagement.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in MS Office packages, especially Excel.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in project/program coordination, project management and leadership within an INGO or national NGO.
- High level of professional integrity.
- Good command of English and fluent in any South Sudan local language (Juba Arabic).
- Full support of the vision, mission and values of Help a Child.
- Integrity – Maintain generally accepted and social ethical standards in activities that have to do with the position.
- Cooperation – Actively contributing to joint results, even when the subject involved is not of immediate personal interest. Sharing information and knowledge with others.
- Customer orientation – Investigating the wishes and interests of (internal customers and reacting accordingly. Anticipating the interests of customers. Giving high priority to service preparedness and client satisfaction.
- Networking – Building relationships and networks that prove to be useful in achieving goals. Making effective use of informal networks to get things done. Encourages colleagues and partners to maintain and expand their internal and external contacts, and makes suggestions.
The Project Coordinator & Field Team Leader will be fulltime based in Wau.
Help a Child offers the opportunity to become part of an ambitious, child centred and Christian international NGO with a dedicated team of professionals, motivated to maximize impact.
Help a Child offers a fair pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. Furthermore, Help a Child offers a fixed term contract for one year. Depending on funding, the candidates’ performance and fit within the team, the contract will be extended.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume (in English) at the latest on 4th September 2020 through online Application via the link: https://cvselectie.net/project-coordinator-team-leader. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are kindly advised to submit their application as soon as possible. An (e-) assessment may be part of the selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact us through email@example.com.
Help a Child is committed to keep children safe. All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Help a Child’s policies on Child Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). Recruitment is subject to background checks, including criminal record checks.