Help a Child DRC is recruiting an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator to assume the general coordination of the country program MEAL system and provide technical support to the local partner organizations.
Help a Child DRC and its implementing partners ADED, Help Channel Congo and BEATIL/ALT are involved in four different sectors: Food Security and Livelihoods; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; Shelter (specifically NFI), and Protection (SGBV and Child Protection). We operate in four different health zones: Masisi health zone in North Kivu, and Miti-Muresa, Uvira, Fizi health zones in South Kivu. We have our main office in Goma and a field office in Masisi-Centre. Within the country program MEAL strategy, the MEAL Coordinator:
- coordinates data collection and analyses;
- monitors and shares lessons learned internally and externally;
- is responsible for the operational success of Help a Child DRC activities regarding Monitoring, Evaluations, Accountability and Learning;
- is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all MEAL activities of the implementing partners;
- builds the capacity of partners by training & coaching them to consolidate their MEAL input for planning, evaluation and reporting requirements of the back donor.
- supports partner organization’s staff in data consolidation, and (quality) management;
- undertakes MEAL related activities and implements an appropriate system for successful delivery and attainment of program outcomes, goals and objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the fine-tuning and implementation of the developed MEAL framework together with the MEAL focal points of local partner organizations;
- Responsible for the coordination of MEAL framework related activities of implementing partners;
- Responsible for the training and coaching of the implementing partners, to ensure that they build capacity to collect, analyze, reflect and use the monitoring data for quality improvement of the program;
- Responsible for aggregating the monitoring data and reporting to the Disaster Response Program Manager and the Country Program Director;
- Responsible for facilitation of country level learning events on the use of monitoring information and evaluations for learning and accountability;
- In collaboration with the Disaster Response Program Manager, responsible for the coordination of activities of Help a Child, partner staff and external consultants who are involved in the baseline, mid-term and final evaluations;
- Develops theories of change, results frameworks, pro-frames, tools and components of the MEAL system for the projects;
- Implements monitoring activities and processes in accordance with the detailed implementation plan and MEAL system of each project;
- Supports project and program evaluations and reviews by ensuring the quality of evaluation methods, tools and data and facilitating the use of evaluation results to guide decision-making and enhance learning;
- Improve our accountability to all stakeholders through greater participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements;
- Encourages the application of lessons learned to improve the quality of programs and to strengthen the Help a Child key messages among external stakeholders;
- Responsible for making MEAL results visible via brochures, Help a Child DRC website and SharePoint, stakeholder meetings, and other relevant visibility/communication channels;
- Represents Help a Child at key (inter)national events as appropriate.
Qualifications and competences
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with MEAL experience to grow and develop the program. The successful candidate will facilitate MEAL activities for Help a Child DRC programs and partners. Specific requirements include:
- To have the Congolese nationality;
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree (License) in Development Studies, Research Methods, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management or other relevant fields;
- At least 4 years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluations, Accountability and Learning;
- Experience in working in a fragile context, ideally in DRC;
- Experience in working with a Theory of Change and Result Based Management as frame work, and developing indicator frameworks based on it;
- Ability to coordinate a large group of persons, motivating them and setting clear roles and responsibilities;
- Ability to facilitate training and provide coaching on MEAL to implementing partners;
- Strong MEAL management skills to manage complex, multifaceted projects, aggregating results in measurable successes and program development;
- Strong skills in analyzing and reflecting on M&E results, making sure that learning on various levels takes place;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention for details;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word and Power point;
- Excellent skills in ODK collect;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Adhering to the Christian character of Help a Child International;
- Full support for the vision and mission of Help a Child International.
We offer the opportunity to become part of an ambitious, child centered and Christian international NGO with a dedicated team of professionals motivated to maximize impact. We also offer an attractive financial package and a challenging working environment in an international setting.
You will be offered a fixed term contract for the first year with a probation period of 3 months. Depending on your performance and fit with the program and staff involved, the first year contract will be extended till the end of 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to submit a cover letter and resume in English at the latest on September 17, 2020 here. In your cover letter, please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of the Help a Child organization. This includes a reflection on Help a Child being a child centered and Christian organization.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post, you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Help a Child expects its staff to behave with integrity; to do no harm and to carefully take into account the rights and interests of others. All staff are required to sign and adhere to the Help a Child’s Code of Conduct and recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.