Consultant Local Value Chain Development and Financing
Help a Child Rwanda is looking for an experienced consultant to develop and facilitate a LVCDF training.
Help a Child is an international NGO based in the Netherlands and has been working in Rwanda since 2008.
Help a Child’s mandate is to build the resilience of children, families and communities to affect change in their context. Children are at the heart of the organization’s theory of change and its vision is for all children to be healthy and strong, educated for life, morally balanced and socially equipped to work towards this aim.
Help a Child Rwanda works in 3 districts (Bugesera, Rusizi and Rwamagana). In cooperation with its main partners AEE and EPR, Help a Child carries out chidl centered, community-based programs with a thematic focus on Early Childhood Development and Youth & Work.
Under the Youth & Work component, Help a Child has designed the Economic Program with Impact on Children (EPIC). This program combines different approaches such as self-help groups (SHG), Integrated Farm Planning known as (PIP), Agri-business and entrepreneurship development, as pathways to a sustainable wellbeing of the next generation.
Part of this program is to develop a strong local value chain and financing strategy. Therefore, Help a Child is looking for a skilled and experienced individual consultant to develop a training module on Local Value Chain Development and Financing (LVCDF), aiming at helping small holder farmers to generate a sustainable income that allows them to cater for the needs of their families, increase their income, and improve the engagement with markets. The training should also help the farmers to build relationships with key service providers to overcome market barriers.
Help a Child currently targets maize, vegetable, fruits, chilli pepper, banana as well as bee keeping value chains, hence the new LVDF needs to be developed around these value chains.
The consultant is expected to:
- develop a training module on Local Value Chain Development and Financing in English, delivered in 8 printed and bound copies;
- produce a translated version of this training module in Kinyarwanda, delivered in 8 printed and bound copies;
- facilitate a 5 days Training of Trainers, targeting Help a Child and partner staff as well as key community facilitators, carried out at field level;
- deliver a training report with recommendations on how to optimize the training package.
- must hold a master/bachelor degree in rural development, agri-business, economics, food science and technology and other related fields;
- should have extensive experience in designing training modules in similar fields;
- must have experience in working with international and national non-governmental organizations, with specific experience in local value chain development and financing;
- must have advanced writing skills in both English and Kinyarwanda;
- should have a sound background in performing similar assignments;
- need to have good facilitation skills.
This consultancy work will be conducted in 45 days starting from the day of contract is signed.
In this recruitment process we ask the candidate for consent for obtaining the Statement of Conduct.
Hereby we inform you that we participate in the SCHR Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Interested candidates can apply online by making use of this link.
In case you have any questions, feel free to contact our team in Rwanda: firstname.lastname@example.org.